3 Things You Must Know About Yoga
- Mind: The mind is a tricky voice inside our head. Escaping the mind may seem impossible, or is it? Are your thoughts something that you choose to interact with? Think about it. Are you the one coming up with what your mind says? Do you have the ability to correct any mistakes up there? The answer if you ask me will always be, yes. When you realize that you have the ability to control your mind you will open a whole new world for yourself. Your mind needs training just like your physical body and spirit does. This might be something new you’re grasping and its totally okay. Time might have to answer the questions coming up here.
“Yoga calms the vibrations of the mind. ” -Patanjali
- Body: To me the body is the easiest thing to train at times. The motivation takes some digging to get there, but once you do it manifest for your eyes to see. Once that starts to create results you can not deny, it becomes a simple habit to keep. Your body likes to follow patterns and is instinctively designed to follow them. Depends on you really. It could be the hardest, but understand that your body is connected to your mind and your mind also follows patterns. To train your body you must also train your mind.
- Spirit: This area of your body lives in the chest, arms, hands, and throat area of your body. Emotions and feelings circulate and flow through here. You must learn how to intake and release good emotions. Otherwise we create Duka (blockage) within our spiritual range. Which can even show up physically believe it or not. The spiritual range is a tough one for me to write about. It is such a deep place that harvests so many things I’m not sure what to touch. I believe it is more of a personal exploration that we must seek. However, I do know that you must let the good emotions guide you and let the others go. Otherwise they’ll hold you back from taking on the dreams your mind helps you come up with. You have the option to allow what steers the path. If you learn to get a grip on this part of yourself you will unlock great aspects of what you have to offer.
- Think better thoughts. Be kind to yourself
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Listen to only positive things. Including the people we listen to.
- Feed your body good things. Treat it with respect.
- ANY kind of exercise.
- Give it attention where needed.
- Do art of any kind.
- Dance and let it flow.
- Cry, laugh, etc. Release anything you need.
- Touch is great for our spirit.
Yogi’s no matter where you are in your journey today. I hope that you are able to take control of who you are and want to become. Life is so rich and full of things to explore and you are included. I remember the moment I decided I would love myself. It is amazing to aspire love for yourself everyday. As always I encourage you to explore and lead with your heart and see what dividing these 3 parts of you does. Invest in yourself kindly.